Requirements for Print File
Conversion of a customer’s idea into the final product takes time – from preparing the design to marketing the product.
The first important task is repro (pre-printing) works; this involves preparing the customer‘s graphic design layouts for production, and choosing suitable materials and technologies.
Memo for Preparing Files for Print
File format: PDF (Adobe PDF Preset: Illustrator Default), AI, EPS, CDR. Texts should be converted to curves. Imported graphics should be included in the publication or provided separately.
Booklets, brochures, and leaflets: Presentation as PDF / X-3, size 1:1, sheets overlap by 2 mm.
Packaging: PDF (PDF only in Adobe Illustrator when saved using the option set to Illustrator Default), AI, EPS, CDR. Structural layouts (a box, a case, etc. which involves grooving, cutting, and gluing of a structure, etc.) cannot be submitted in publishing programs such as Adobe Indesign or QuarkXpress, or in exported PDF or EPS formats. Separate layers should indicate the cutting knife, coating places, embossing, and foil. These objects should be painted with a spot colour (it is desirable that the name of the colour should reflect the corresponding operation, such as cutting, embossing, gold foil, etc.). Only the cutting knife presented by our company’s designer should be used (size 1:1, overlapping - 2 mm).
Labels: The presentation of the label is the same as the presentation of the packaging. If the label or packaging is prepared for metallized paper, white “background” (primer) should be specified. The “background” is included in the number of colours.
Quality of graphics: The resolution of raster graphics (CMYK, Grayscale) imported into a layout should be at least 300 DPI, and about 1200 DPI of Bitmap.
Colour correction profile: Fogra39. The total paint coverage may not exceed 260% for offset paper (uncoated) or 350% for coated paper.
Dot gain: 20% for offset paper (uncoated) or 9% for coated paper.
- Fine objects or texts painted in black (0C 0M 0Y 100B) should have an active overprint (or multiple) attribute.
- If the product is in a rectangular or square shape, the page setup should match the cut format. Overlaps for cutting should be at least 2 mm.
- For layouts used repeatedly, please indicate the changes made to avoid the necessity to remake the entire layout (if the changes are minor).
- For permanent customers and products used repeatedly, an agreed identification system should be established to reflect the product code and the layout version number.
- The number of the layout version is changed upon every correction. It is desirable that all corrections should be made by the Design Agency to avoid the risk of a non-final version of the layout being put into production.
- We are open to discussions and suggestions that strengthen the cooperation and that effectively influence the results of the joint work.
Repro Unit Team of UAB GARSŲ PASAULIS